Grenada is very vulnerable to the anticipated impacts of climate change and is already experiencing changes in its climate system, evidenced by increased incidence of drought, longer dry seasons, shorter rainy seasons, increased temperature, coastal degradation and intrusion of saline water into aquifers, among others.
- The annual average temperature in Grenada is around 25°C, with a small variation (one degree) at annual seasonal cycle.
- The mean maximum temperature is 31.4°C while the mean minimum is 24.0°C.
- Annual rainfall ranges from 750 to 1400 mm.
- The dry season typically runs from January to May and the rainy season from June to December.
- Carriacou and Petit Martinique generally receive lower levels of rainfall and during the dry season can experience severe drought conditions.
This section provides the options to visualize historical climate data for different timeframes via map and annual cycle chart.